September and October 2017
We thought we would share our hearts with you as we open our family prayer notebook and show you what’s inside...
- For our church to grow spiritually and physically
- For Mannon’s (Aliyah’s friend) mom to let her come to church
- For Lance’s health (back problems and intestinal issues)
- For Amy’s uncle, his wife and family as they deal with his dementia
- Salvation for Camille, Calista, Nohlan, Christian, Malika’s family, the Guyomards, the Orlandis, and the Bigdads
- That we would be encouraged. The work here is slow and hard, and it is easy to be discouraged when we don’t see the results we’d like to
- Caroline and her three children as they take steps to get away from her abusive husband
- For God to provide a vehicle for our furlough next summer
- For God to continue to provide our financial needs
- For our Harvest Party we are hosting for the first time on October 28th. Pray that many children would come and hear about God’s love for them
Thank you for the precious gift of your prayers. “The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.” James 5:16
Lance, Amy, Kirianna, Aliyah, Cannon and Kayne Auterson
Ken Board—Missionary to Japan
New Church: Construction on the Kokura church’s new auditorium began last month. If the work is not hampered by any typhoons, the church building should be finished by the end of October.
November 23rd is a holiday in Japan, so we are hoping to hold the dedication service that day.
Evangelism Plans: Just as soon as the new building is finished, the Kokura church will distribute thousands of flyers announcing the new location and the special services in December. Please pray for good results through this evangelism.
Camp Blessings: There were over 50 participants in the Kyushu Summer Camp. Our special guests were Steve and Jenelle Bender. Brother Steve preached four excellent messages on family values, and Mrs. Bender spoke twice to the ladies. Also, the Lord used her musical ability to touch the hearts of everyone.